Dear Computer Lady,
How can I stop automatic updates on my computer? I have Windows XP. I’ve gone into the “Internet Options” but that still doesn’t stop the updates from coming through. It really messes up some of my programs.
Thank you Rachel
The windows updates really should be installed on your computer, many of them protect you from viruses and security breaches.
If you do want to turn off Automatic updates, just follow these directions.
1. Click on “Start”, then click on “Control Panel”.
2. In the Control Panel, click on “Performance and Maintenance”, then click “System”.
3. In the “System Properties” window, click on the “Automatic Updates” page.
4. On the Automatic Updates page, click to select the setting that says, “Turn off automatic updating. I want to update my computer manually.
5. Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window to save your changes and close the System Properties window.